So, today we went Christmas shopping. Because we have such a big family, we draw names out of a hat and that's the only person you have to get a gift for. But giving gifts is the best part so usually the little kids like to get everyone a gift:)
We also got a Christmas tree!! Definitely an answer to prayer. We sort of accidentally cut it down short, so it's kinda small....We may or may not have talked about super gluing the rest of the trunk onto it ;)
(Autumn here, I just wanna insert something: In my opinion these post could also be titled "Carissa's Blond Moments", or "The Many Blond Moments of sis", ok, that's all! :)
And just so everyone knows that our life isn't Pinterest-perfect, most of these things happened today;)
- Sitting weirdly during school so your entire left leg goes completely numb. I actually fell over trying to walk.
- Not being able to see (no glasses) so you wander around in the store looking for a restroom squinting at all the doors. It was one of those walk-up-to-the-door-and-just-as-you're-about-to-open-it-you-realize-it-says-employees-only type of moments.
- Helping my little brother pick up the free popcorn he dropped all over the ground right at the entrance of Goodwill. He didn't want to eat it but I figured I haven't died yet from that sort of thing, so I walked around blowing on every piece of popcorn.
- Tripping on the curb and dropping your popcorn. And so you just have to pretend that you totally meant to do that and keep walking. I'm pretty sure the older couple behind me thought I just littered.
- Trying on pretty much every single boot at Kmart and then you look up and see the entire aisle is blocked by all of them;)
- Being stopped by an older lady in the Dollar Tree who told me all about her plastic snowman that her dog kept hiding. Then she wanted to see "my" baby, Amarisa. And then she told me all about her daughter and how this was one year since she passed away.
- The fact that last week I told you guys that I was going to try to write an Awkward/Awkward post every Saturday instead of an Awkward/Awesome one.
- Telling your sister you're going to do a side pony tail on the side. No kidding, really?
- Never wanting to do a fist bump with your brother. That isn't awkward, but the fact that whenever I want him to do something, I have to do a fist bump as payment. I wouldn't mind except Timothy does it really hard.
- Losing my iPod at least 25 times or more a day. I'm not even joking; ask my family. I even found it in the pantry once. This is probably because...
- I suffer from short-term memory lost. I've never gotten a diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure of it. I mean, have you ever walked past a light switch, turned it off, and when your mom thanks you, you have no idea what you just did. The only way I can remember things is if I repeat them over and over and over for a long period of time. Like that one time I memorized pi to the 18th decimal because I was bored during Literature. So if you ever tell me something and I come back to you five minutes later looking like I'm lost, I am. :)
- I also have this weird thing for remembering songs.
- We got a Christmas treeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- My favorite big brother (incidentally also my only big brother;)) is coming home from college on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Our Christmas Program is on Wednesday! (You're invited and if you come, I will send you a virtual hug and love you forever.
- Christmas caroling. Especially at the Beckett House Nursing Home because they have an awesome rotunda which makes for amazing acoustics.
- This verse: Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9.
- My friend Bethany because she loves me even though I'm weird.
- Guessing almost every answer on your Geometry test.....AND GETTING THEM ALL RIGHT. My sister probably got annoyed at me because I kept saying, "I got it right, AGAIN!! Let's see how long I can do this!!"
- My other amazing friends. (Who live far....far.....far.....far....really, really, really far away.)
- My dad who folded all of the laundry when I was behind last Sunday.
- My mom who bought COFFEEEEEE. (Coffeeee) [coffeee].
- ThredUp's amazing deals. (P.S. if you click on the link, you'll get $10 off your first purchase. And I may or may not get $10 when you buy something, but that's totally beside the point.
- Long, denim skirts that keep you warm in the winter.
- Washing machines (Can I get an amen????)
- Kid songs. Why don't adult Sunday School classes get to sing I'm In the Lord's Army? Or, "I'm going to stand up shout out"? Or, "That's wonderful EXTRA good news"? That would be so much fun.
- Going house shopping. (Not for us; for the teen girl's SS teacher) And having my first whole entire foot-long Subway sandwich to myself.